At Rexnord, we believe in investing in our youth and supporting the next generation of talent. We’re proud of our Rexnord Internship Program which is designed to provide early exposure to our business and challenge interns with meaningful projects for on-the-job learning. Despite the complications stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, we were happy to share that our program continued, providing over 50 students with internships. In 2020, 35 percent of our interns were gender diverse.
We give our interns responsibility to own their projects and further progress in their careers. They work across many areas of our business to curate a variety of experiences, including supply chain engineering, manufacturing engineering, creative services, digital content, internal auditing, risk analysis, commercial finance, and more. We also actively recruit diverse candidates for our Intern Program to ensure we are creating an inclusive environment, not only for our associates but for our interns during their time at Rexnord.
Here are just a few of the opportunities our 2020 interns pursued:
- Conducted audits on Rexnord’s social media to learn about how to increase outreach and audience, as well as aided in the transition of Rexnord’s PMC rebrand.
- Utilized data to create solutions to improve our current financial processes while also improving payment terms discrepancies.
- Helped improve forecasts for sales teams and management to be informed about projected market conditions as well as help better inform decision making.
- Designed and built improvements into the elevator drain test stand system, improving their welding technique and gaining valued product knowledge.
- Assisted engineers with quality insurance structures and implemented new systems for project planning and tracking.
Every year we provide our interns with an experience questionnaire to gain insight into their time in the program and solicit feedback for improvements for the following year. Moving forward, we will continue to provide valuable experience to students and young professionals through our Internship Program.